Friday, June 8, 2012

An Alternative to Satellite or Cable TV? AKA Down With DirecTV

This isn't so much for health and wellness, but rather something that has been asked a bunch lately on Facebook and elsewhere.

First, let me say I HATE DIRECTV! They have been so awful to work with, so when my contract expired (finally), I looked for an alternative.

Second, I am NOT ok with a contract, because I have no idea what life will be like in 1-2 years and do NOT want to be financially locked into something like tv. So goodbye Directv, Dish, Comcast, etc.

So I looked around for something on which I could watch sports and my wife could watch news. That's all we wanted, nothing more. Particularly, I wanted to watch the NBA Finals, the NFL season and playoffs, Major League Baseball, NHL, and New Zealand rugby (go the All Blacks!).

I had NO idea it would be so hard to find, but I did find my solution eventually. With Satellite Direct, I can watch lots of sports...LOTS! And it's all on my computer, which is nice for me.

Now a disclaimer: I DID pay for this. I think it was like $40 but in my opinion, a one-time fee of $40 is MUCH better than paying that every month for 2 years!

We have like 3,000 channels on it! News sports and whatever else you want, I think it's a good investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment